Check yourself first please!
September 2014 edition
In previous editorial we discussed about the teachings over pointing finger at others on Buddhism. The same fact is explained in many ways to heal more hearts, and make us realize how meaningless is this criticism or pointing fingers at others can be.
So in brief, you must check within for these qualities before you point fingers to others and criticize others.
- You should check whether your criticism / complain should make on the correct time not on the wrong time.
- You should check whether your criticism / complain is correct or false. It should not be based on a false view.
- You should check whether your criticism / complain make on smooth, kind words not in harsh and hurting words.
- You should check whether your criticism / complain is meaningful. It should not be based on meaningless views.
- You should check whether your criticism / complain make by compassion not with the hatred / anger or conflicts towards the other person.
Again in simple words these facts have a deep hidden meaning. These facts are telling you that you are allowed to criticize another being only after being an enlightened one.
Because then only you don’t have any views at your heart… then only your compassion is completed and no mean for hurt or harm. Then only you know realize the correct time and false time to say something to another being. Then only you don’t have any attachment at all and neutral in mind to say something to another being.
All the other levels in the path of enlightens may have some amount of mistaken qualities and mistaken dhamma facts according to their level of wisdom. Only a great Arihat / enlightened one complete his / her wisdom and also the discipline. Especially the level of compassion is at its best on a great Arihat so there is no chance for any kind of mistake when point out things which are not suitable for gain enlightenment.
So my dear dhamma friends, whether you are a lay person whom interest on practicing Buddhism or a monk or nun, these are such valuable points to remember throughout your journey of enlightenment.
Best way is to keep calm and correct your own self by fulfilling your own wisdom without a hole on it.
So, when next time you point your fingers on others or blame others or complain other make sure to think not just once or twice but millions of time as much as possible for avoid the mistakes which can be harmful for your own practices as well as the other person. Simply remind yourself that you are not yet an enlightened one to judge another being or their activities.
May the blessings of triple gem be with you all the time and guide you for the pure happiness by achieving the eternal bliss of Nirvana / the enlightenment!!!
To Read or download the referred Sutta click Here;